Canada opened yet another Express Entry draw to invite Francophones
On 12 July 2023, the Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) conducted yet another draw of federal Express Entry System. It was a category-based draw wherein the IRCC invited 3,800 French-speaking candidates. It was also a sixth Express Entry daw in the month of July 2023. Find out more details.
All-program Express Entry draw on 12 July
- EE Draw date and type- 12 July 2023, Category-based EE draw
- ITAs issued- 3,800 ITAs (Invitations to Apply) for Canadian PR Visa issued
- CUT OFF- The CRS score requirement for this draw was 375 points.
- Tie-breaking Rule- June 15, 2023 at 23:49:05
Express Entry System
Express Entry is most popular Immigration program of Canada. This year until date, the Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has invited 69,148 candidates to apply for Canadian Permanent Residency (PR) Visa. With category-based draws being conducted this year, the number of ITAs issued in a year may rise significantly. Until now, Canada has held 5 category-based draws and invited 8,600 candidates to apply for Canadian PR visa.
Category-based selection this year
Here are the categories chosen for category-based EE draws this year:
- Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) professions
- Trades, such as carpenters, plumbers, and contractors
- Agriculture and agri-food
- Strong French-language proficiency
This was also the fifth Express Entry draw of July month. The month of July 2023 has been an outstanding month for the Canada PR applicants registered in federal Express Entry System.