Canada Suspends Vaccination Requirement for Domestic Travelers w.e.f June 20
The Canadian Government has suspended mandatory vaccination requirements for outbound and domestic travel, federally regulated transportation sectors and all the federal government employees from June 20, 2022.
The suspension reflects that Canada s public health situation has improved because of high vaccination rates.
However, other public health measures, like wearing a mask, will apply and enforce throughout the plane or train journey.
Vaccinations suspension requirements: For outbound and domestic travel
- As of June 20, 2022, at 00:01 EDT, vaccination is no longer mandatory to board a train or plane in Canada.
- The changes won t affect Canadian border measures requiring all the travellers who enter Canada, including vaccination.
- Public health measures like wearing a mask will apply and enforce throughout the plane or train journey.
- For cruise ships, the COVID-19 vaccination requirement is still applicable to all the passengers and crew members
Vaccinations suspension requirements: For workers under the federally regulated transportation sector
- Workers in the federally regulated marine, rail and air sectors will no longer need to meet mandatory vaccination requirements.
- Employers must establish return-to-work practices.
- Vaccination will not be mandatory for all workers in federally regulated sectors.
- Travellers on the planes and trains that are federally regulated must wear a mask throughout the journey except for eating or drinking.
- Passengers travelling on a cruise ship must adhere to the masking requirements and other public hygiene measures as per the crew.
overall structure of a website.