Express Entry: An Effective way to Migrate to Canada from India 2022
Since the comeback of all-program Express Entry draws in July, the program has maintained its status as the most popular and effective Canadian PR pathway. The federal Express Entry system works on the process of electronic skill appropriation. Each applicant's professional viability is considered in Canada's overall economy and based on the same, the IRCC issues Invitations to apply (ITAs) to eligible candidates.
This makes the Express Entry system wholly transparent and gives all the applicants a fair chance to get selected via the Express Entry pool.
There are three main categories under the Express Entry system:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canadian Experience Class
Eligibility requirements to apply for any Express Entry program
Find below a list of requirements which an applicant is supposed to meet to become eligible for immigration to Canada via Express Entry program:
- Age: A candidate must be 18 to 35 years old to attain the highest points. While those applicants who are 35 years or above will score lesser points
- Documentation: An applicant must submit the below-listed documents:
- Primary applicant's photograph
- Medical and Police Clearance certificates
- Other travel documents (with photocopies)
- Work experience/ recommendation letter
- Proof of funds
- Minimum Points: After submitting the required documents, applicants must check their Points Calculator score. The minimum CRS points required to obtain an ITA are announced at every draw.
- Language Proficiency: English and French are two official languages of Canada. Thus, IRCC gives added importance to an applicant's language ability.
The step-by-step process to apply for Express Entry program in 2019
An applicant must follow the below listed process of immigration to Canada via Express Entry program:
- Step 1: Create your Express Entry Profile online on IRCC website
- Step 2: Submit all the valid and relevant documents either online or via post
- Step 3: Check your CRS score and improve it using a professional help from a reputed immigration consultancy firm
- Step 4: Keep an eye on the latest Express Entry draws
- Step 5: Once shortlisted, candidate must submit final and complete PR application along with supporting documents and fees within 60 days of receiving ITA (Invitation to Apply)
The processing time for Express Entry profiles from India
Once a profile is created and the applicant enters the EE pool, IRCC assesses each profile based on the abovementioned factors. This complete process may take up to 6 months. Once all the verification is done, the federal government of Canada holds Express Entry draws. Those profiles with the highest ranking will get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) from IRCC to apply for a Canadian PR visa.