IRCC has conducted an Express Entry draw for French language proficiency (2023-1)
The category-based draws being conducted by the Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for federal Express Entry System are really benefiting the applicants with low CRS point score a great deal. The Canadian government has recently announced to conduct an Express Entry draw for the only left category for this year, i.e. agriculture and Agri-food category.
The Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) opened a category-based Express Entry draw for French-speaking candidates only on September 27, 2023. In this particular draw, the IRCC issued invitation to apply for Canadian Permanent Residency (PR) Visa to the 500 candidates with French-language proficiency. This was the 4th Express Entry draw opened in September 2023. Now, total Canada PR invitations issued this month by EE system have reached to 1,925.
All-program Express Entry draw on 26 September
- EE Draw date and type- 27 September 2023, EE draw for French-Language proficiency
- ITAs issued- 500 ITAs (Invitations to Apply) for Canadian PR Visa issued
- CUT OFF- The CRS score requirement for this draw was 472 points.
- Tie-breaking Rule- August 16, 2023 at 09:00:14 UTC
With this new express entry invitation round, Canada has now issued total 85,448 ITAs in 30 different EE Draws held this year until date.
The CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) score requirement dropped significantly for the French-speaking candidate, i.e. from 504 (in previous draw) to just 472 points (current EE draw).
Six selected categories for 2023 EE draw selection
- Strong French language skills
- science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) professions
- trades, such as carpenters, plumbers and contractors?
- agriculture and Agri-food