Ontario Nominee Statistics- Nominations Increased up to 9,000 in 2021
Even amidst pandemic, Ontario nominee program continues to be in demand and recorded an increase in overall nominations up to 9,000 in 2021, compared to 8,054 nominations in 2020.
The OINP, i.e., Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program added 250 additional provincial nominations for applicants having relevant work experience in skill level C. Those applicants were nominated via OINP's NOC Level C Pilot, which is exclusively designed to offer a permanent residence pathway for in-demand, semi-skilled workers having a prior job offer from an employer in Ontario.
Moreover, the federal government of Canada have also granted 400 additional nomination spaces to Ontario PNP to fulfilled by 2022.
Stream-wise OINP Nominations 2021: Total 9000 Nominations
- Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream- 1240 Nominations
- Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills stream: 540 Nominations
- Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream: 1705 Nominations
- PhD Graduate stream: 212 Nominations
- Masters Graduate stream:1202 Nominations
- Ontario’s Express Entry Skilled Trades stream: 177 Nominations
- Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream: 3513 Nominations
- Ontario’s Express Entry French-Speaking Skilled Worker stream: 410 Nominations
- Entrepreneur stream: 1 Nominations
Since Ontario has the highest number of places, the province is even vouching for higher numbers. The provincial government is also urging the federal government of Canada to offer additional flexibility on workers' profiles to help Ontario attract more talent.