234 Express Entry Draw: CRS Score Dropped to 496 Points
Immigration, Refugee, Citizenship Canada (IRCC) released the results of its latest Express Entry draw results held on October 26, 2022. This Express Entry draw saw a CRS score of only 496 points, marking a first time when CRS score dropped below 500 points since all-program EE draws resumed from July 6.
In October 26th Express Entry draw, ITCC issued 4,750 Invitations to Apply (ITA) to eligible candidates with a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) requirement of 496. This was the ninth all-program draw, meaning the invitations were issued under all three EE programs including:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
Express Entry Draw Results: October 26, 2022
- Draw Date: 26-October-2022
- No. of Invitations Issued: 4,750
- Date and Time of Draw: October 26,2022 13:05:36 UTC
- CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 496
- Tie-breaking rule: May 09,2022 09:04:20 UTC
Changes Introducing in Express Entry System
With the approval of Bill C-19 in Parliament in June, IRCC is now authorized to invite Express Entry candidates based on their specific work experience, language abilities, and education, instead of the current system where ITAs are issued solely based on an applicant's CRS scores.
For instance, IRCC may conduct a round of invitations only for French-speakers, or to applicants with work experience in any particular in-demand occupation.