Apply for Canada Startup Visa
Canada’s Start Up Visa Program provides a permanent pathway to qualified businessmen and entrepreneurs. If you have an innovative business idea backed by years of experience in entrepreneurship, the Canada startup visa program will make an ideal option for you. The Canadian government is always on a hunt for experienced entrepreneurs who wish to start their businesses in Canada and create more job opportunities for Canadians.
Read further to know more about the Canada startup visa program.
Canada startup visa program comes with plenty of benefits to offer, like:
- You can immigrate to Canada permanently with your family.
- You get a right to live and set up your business anywhere in Canada.
- You need just a unique, innovative business idea to get started.
- You don't need any minimum education qualification to qualify.
- You don't need to invest your funds.
- You don't need to meet any minimum net worth threshold.
- You'll get a work permit (temporary) in Canada to build your business while your startup visa application is under processing.
To qualify for the Canada start-up visa program, you must:
Have a qualifying business, which means the company you have created must meet the following criteria:
At the time you get a commitment from a designated organization:
- each candidate holds 10% or higher voting rights attached to all shares of the corporation outstanding during that time (maximum 5 persons can apply as owners)
- candidates and the designated organization hold more than 50% of the total voting rights jointly attached to all shares of the corporation outstanding during that time
At the time of receiving permanent residence:
- candidates must provide active and ongoing business management from within Canada
- an essential part of the business operations happens in Canada
- the business is solely incorporated in Canada
Get a support letter from a designated organization, i.e., a business group approved to support and invest in possible start-ups. It's proof that the angel investor group, venture capital fund, or business incubator is ready to help the business idea.
Meet the language requirements to prove the ability to communicate one of the official languages of Canada, i.e., English or French.
Bring sufficient settlement funds as the Canadian government doesn't provide any financial support to immigrants under the startup visa program.