Canada Immigration: Government Lifted COVID-19 Emergency Border Measures for all the Travelers
The Government of Canada has recently lifted covid-19 restrictions for all the travellers entering Canada by land, air or marine on or after 1st October 2022.
All Canadian federal border testing, isolation and quarantine requirements have ended by the government on October 1, 2022.
For those travellers who enter Canada by land, air or marine mode on or after 1st October, 2022:
- No COVID-19 vaccination proof requirement
- No COVID-19 pre-entry and arrival testing requirement
- No quarantine requirement once they enter Canada
- No requirement for using ArriveCAN
- if they're flying into Toronto Pearson, Montréal-Trudeau or Vancouver international airports, they can use ArriveCAN for completing Advance CBSA Declaration for saving time upon arrival
- No pre-boarding test required for cruise passengers
- Valid travel documents are required
- No health checks required to board trains and planes
- Masks not required on trains and planes
- Government still recommended all the travelers to wear a well-fitted mask while travelling for enhanced protection
Please note that if anyone has COVID-19 symptoms, they should avoid travelling to Canada.
For travelers who feel sick during their journey or upon arrival, must:
- inform their respective flight attendant, border services officer or cruise staff upon arrival. They might be referred to Canada's Quarantine Officer for a proper health assessment and further instructions.
- avoid using any public transportation in Canada
- check Canadian provincial or territorial requirements for instructions if they are Covid-19 symptomatic or have tested COVID-19 positive
Moreover, as of October 1, those who:
- have arrival or Day-8 test appointment, can cancel
- are in federal quarantine, may leave without completing the remaining of their 14-day quarantine period
- get quarantine or test notifications, can ignore them
- are in federal isolation can check with provincial and territorial isolation requirements and follow the same