Canada Immigration: IRCC Accepts IELTS for English Language Testing
English Language proficiency is of utmost importance for Canadian immigration via economic classes, like Express Entry and a few PNPs.
There are two official languages in Canada, i.e. English and French and the IRCC measure an applicant's proficiency in any of the two languages.
Those interested in applying for a Canada PR visa must prove their English proficiency by taking an accepted language test, like IELTS (International English Language Testing System). It is one of the most popular English language tests for immigration purposes.
To prove your English language proficiency, you must:
- Schedule an IELTS test date and time
- Pay the required fees
- Enter the IELTS test results into your Express Entry profile
- Submit your IELTS test report along with your application once you receive an invitation to apply (ITA) for Canada PR
Please note that your IELTS test results must be valid, i.e. less than two years old, when you complete your Express Entry profile and apply for permanent residence in Canada.
English as first official Language - Minimum Score Criteria
- For Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) - At least CLB 7 in all four abilities (writing, reading, speaking and listening)
- For Federal Skilled Trades (FST) - At least CLB 5 for speaking and listening, and CLB 4 for reading and writing
- For Canadian Experience Class (CEC)- At least CLB 7 for NOC 0 or A jobs or CLB 5 for NOC B jobs