Create Express Entry Profile for Canada PR in 2023
The Express Entry System was created by the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) in January 2015 to manage and process all the economic immigration class applications.
Following are the three immigration programs managed under Express Entry:
- Federal skilled worker class (FSWP)
- Federal skilled trades class (FSTP)
- Canadian experience class (CEC)
If you are willing in immigrate to Canada as a skilled worker, you must create and submit your Express Entry profile online. Upon meeting the minimum eligibility criteria (MEC) of any of the three EE programs, you can enter the pool of candidates.
All the submitted profiles are then evaluated based of key profile factors and the IRCC award each applicant a score and rank using selection system, i.e., Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). Finally, the highest-ranking candidates then receive an invitation to apply (ITA) for Canada PR in periodic EE draws.
In order to create an online Express Entry profile, you must take an approved English or French language test, get your educational credentials assessment (ECA) for degree or diploma obtained outside of Canada and find out whether your work experience is falling under a qualifying skill type as per Canada’s TEER categories 0, 1, 2, or 3.
To apply for Canada PR (permanent residency) via Express Entry, you may follow the below-listed steps:
- Step 1: Find your eligibility for any one of the three programs managed under Express Entry, including Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) and Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
- Step 2: Gather all the supporting documents, including English or French language test results, passport, education documents, age and identity proof, skilled work experience proof, etc.
- Step 3: Submit your EE profile and if eligible, you’ll be accepted into the pool of candidates.
Step 4: If you are among highest ranking candidates, you’ll receive an ITA for permanent residence of Canada