Documentation requirement to Apply for Canada PR
Gathering all your personal and financial documents is the first step when you plan to submit your Canadian PR visa application.
All the applicants are required to provide a set of mandatory documents to the authorities at different stages, otherwise their submitted application would be considered as incomplete, including:
- Medical Examination Certificate
- Police Certificates (PCs)
- Copy of Passport / Travel Document, Bio Data Page.
- Proof of Funds
- Proof of Work Experience
- Language Results
Other Mandatory Documents (If Applicable)
Documents under this category are mandatory to be submitted by the applicants on the basis of their and their dependents' personal circumstances.
- Copy of the Birth Certificate
- Proof of Studies
- Provincial or Territorial Certificate of Qualification
- Letter of Offer from the Employer
- Use of a Representative Form [IMM 5476]
- Evidence of a Common-Law Union and Cohabitation
- Marriage Certificate
- Divorce Certificate and the Legal Separation Agreement
- Death Certificate
- Adoption Certificate
Other Key Documents
Applicants are required to submit these documents as part of their e-APRs (Electronic Application for Permanent Residence). The submission of the following documents are again subject to applicants' personal situation.
- Proof of Relationship to a Relative in Canada, the Status of the Relative in Canada and the Residence Status of the Relative in Canada (if any)
- Digital Photographs
- Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual Form (IMM 5475)
- Documents related to the Electronic Applications for Permanent Residence (e-APRs) not captured in other fields
- Valid language test results
- Work experience documents