Easy Steps to Apply for Canada PR in 2023
Canada is always one of the most popular choices among migrants who wish for a better quality of life and job opportunities. Annually, tens of thousands of people migrate to Canada on a PR visa.
With Canada’s PR status, you get a lot of benefits, including:
- A right to live, work or study anywhere in Canada
- A right to get social benefits like health care coverage, free public education, etc.
- Eligibility to sponsor your family members, including a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, parents and grandparents, for Canada PR
- Protection under Canadian law and the Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- Eligibility to apply for citizenship of Canada
To avail all these benefits, you must obtain Canada PR visa. There are over 100 economic immigration programs in Canada, and the most popular pathway is the "Federal Express Entry System".
It manages and processes PR applications from skilled foreign workers under the following economic immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
Steps to apply for Canada PR via Express Entry
To apply for a Canadian PR visa through Express Entry, you may follow the below listed steps:
Step 1: Prove your English/French Language proficiency
Step 2: Create an online Express Entry profile
Step 3: Complete an ECA (Educational Credential Assessment)
Step 4: Gather all the supporting documents
Step 5: Get your invitation to apply for Canada PR
Step 6: Gather medical and police clearance certificates
Step 7: IRCC review your application
Step 8: Get a PR status confirmation
Step 9: Apply for a Canadian PR card