IRCC Conducts all-program Express Entry draw on 4 July to invite 700 candidates
The Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has taken all by surprise by holding an unexpected draw of federal Express Entry System on July 4, 2023. This draw was open for all categories and occurred just one day before the scheduled and pre-announced category-based draw by IRCC for STEM experts.
Find below more details about this latest EE draw held on 4 July:
Invitations to Apply (ITAs):
- Express Entry system has issued total 700 ITAs (Invitations to Apply) for Canadian PR Visa in its 17th draw of this year
CRS Score Requirement:
- The CRS score requirement for this draw was 511 points.
- The candidates with a CRS score equal to or above 511 points received ITA for Canadian PR visa.
Total ITAs in 2023
- With this newest EE system draw, the IRCC has now invited a total of 60,248 candidatesthis year until date.
- These ITAs were issued in 17 EE draws opened so far this year.
The invitations to apply are low, however, the CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) score requirement is a bit high at 511 points. Nevertheless, the applicants don’t need to bother about the CUT OFF being high, as they now has the option to get ITA through occupation-based draws only, which come under category-based selection draws of EE system.
Category based Selection Rounds for Express Entry
On 30 May 2023, Canadian immigration Minister Sean Fraser announced that the IRCC will start holding the category based draws. The first draw of this type has occurred already on 28 June 2023. In category-based draws held this year, the IRCC will focus on candidates who have:
A strong French language proficiency or
Work experience in the below fields:
- science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) professions
- trades, such as carpenters, plumbers and contractors
- agriculture and Agri-food
This new draw category will help the applicants with low CRS score, but experience in one of the above-mentioned occupations.