IRCC opens 14th Express Entry draw of 2023- Invites 4,800 candidates
The Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) conducted first Express Entry draw of June and 14th draw of the year on June 8, 2023. In this latest EE Draw, the IRCC has issued 4,800 ITAs (Invitations to Apply) for Canadian PR visa to the candidates with a CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) score 486 points or above. It’s the second time in a row the IRCC has issued same number of invitations with a marginal decrease in the CUT OFF.
Find below more details about this latest EE draw held on 8 June:
Invitations to Apply (ITAs):
- Express Entry system has issued total 4,800 ITAs (Invitations to Apply) for Canadian PR Visa in its 14th draw of this year
CRS Score Requirement:
- The CRS score requirement for this draw was 486 points.
- The candidates with a CRS score equal to or above 486 points received invitation to apply for Canadian PR visa.
Total ITAs in 2023
- With this newest EE system draw, the IRCC has now invited a total of 54,748 candidatesthis year until date.
- These ITAs were issued in fourteen EE draws opened so far this year.
Canadian government plans to accept 465,000 new permanent residents this year, and most of these newcomers will be admitted through economic immigration programs like Express Entry System, Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), etc.
Category based Selection Rounds for Express Entry
As per the latest update, now the IRCC will also conduct the category-based invitation rounds of the EE system. In category-based draws held this year, the IRCC will focus on candidates who have:
A strong French language proficiency or
Work experience in the below fields:
- science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) professions
- trades, such as carpenters, plumbers and contractors
- agriculture and Agri-food
This new measure will benefit the candidates with low CRS score but experience in one of the above occupations.