Key Canada Immigration News, Updates & Announcements this week
Canada is one of the best country to immigrate to with its quality of life, infrastructure and lenient immigration policies. Canada was one of the very few countries that did not stop accepting immigration applications even during the global pandemic.
Now, as the things have settled post Covid-19 caused chaos, the government has lifted the pandemic specific restrictions completely, and it is now easing the process constantly for the new immigrants. The immigration department has released various updates and announcements recently to please the newcomers to Canada. Let’s take a look at key positive Canada immigration updates in last one week.
- Removal of COVID-19 Restrictions- Canadian government has removed all COVID-19 related restrictions, as well as the requirements of testing, quarantine, and isolation for all travellers entering Canada, with effect from October 1, 2022.
- PR access for Physicians- In the latest meeting with family Doctors and Healthy Pictou County at the Aberdeen Hospital, Sean Fraser- Minister of IRCC announced changes to make it easier for overseas-born physicians to get PR visa in Canada.
- Job vacancy rate recorded All-time high- As per the second quarter report of Job Vacancy and Wage Survey (JVWS) 2022 revealed by Statistics Canada, the job vacancy rate of Canada was record high, i.e. 5.7% in second quarter of 2022.
- Massive Express entry and PNP invitations- Lately, the federal and provincial governments of Canada are inviting huge number of Candidates. For instance, Canada conducted 3 immigration draws on 28 September 2022 to issue massive, i.e. 6,075 Invitations to Apply (ITAs), i.e.
- Express Entry draw invitations- 3,750
- Saskatchewan PNP- ISW category Draw invitations- 1,146
- Ontario PNP- HCP draw invitations- 1,179
The federal Express Entry System of Canada is also inviting increased number of candidates to apply for Canadian PR (Permanent Resident) Visa with consistent fall in the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score requirement.
For latest Canada immigration news, updates and analysis, you may visit CAN NEWS regularly.