Ontario eyeing to implement new NOC 2021 and update Employer Job Offer streams criteria
Ontario Provincial Nominee Program is gearing up to implement new National Occupation Classification 2021 system along with updating language, and education requirements for a few Employer Job Offer streams.
With implementation of new NOC 2021 system, Ontario Provincial Nominee Program streams will select candidates based on Training, Education, Experience and Responsibilities (TEER) system 0, 1, 2, or 3.
- TEER 0: Management occupations
- TEER 1: Occupations that usually require a university degree
- TEER 2: Occupations that usually require a college diploma, apprenticeship training of 2 or more years, or supervisory occupations
- TEER 3: Occupations that usually require a college diploma, apprenticeship training of less than 2 years, or more than 6 months of on-the-job training
Other Key Ontario PNP Updates
Ontario has also proposed to following changes in eligibility criteria for a few Employer Job Offer streams:
Employer Job Offer Foreign Worker Stream
- At least Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 Level or above
Employer Job Offer International Student Stream:
- Applicants applying with a certificate of at least one year must meet the criteria of the Ontario College Graduate Certificate as defined under the Ontario Qualifications Framework
Ontario is also planning to amend minimum amount requirement for the Ontario's administrative monetary penalties.