What are requirements for Immigrating to Canada Via Express Entry?
Every year tens of thousands of aspiring individuals and families immigrate to Canada as permanent residents to lead a better quality of life.
For skilled professionals who wish to move to Canada with their immediate family members, the Federal Express Entry system makes an ideal immigration pathway. Under EE, the IRCC select and invite highly skilled foreign workers to live and work in Canada as permanent residents.
The IRCC manage and process PR applications under following economic immigration programs under Express Entry:
- Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)
- Federal Skilled Trades (FST)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
Eligibility requirement for Express Entry
In order to qualify under any of three EE managed programs, you must:
- Have minimum required work experience in a skilled trade or occupation
- Provide language test reports
- Provide foreign or Canadian educational credentials
- Meet Canada's basic admissibility requirements and should not have any criminal background or medical condition.
Documentation Requirement for Express Entry
You are required to submit following documents at different stages:
- Valid passport or any other travel document
- English or French language test result
- ECA report for education obtained outside of Canada
- Employment documents
- Education proof
- Police clearance certificates
- Medical examination certificate
- Enough proof of funds to prove that you can financially support yours and your family members in Canada
Stepwise process - Express Entry
To apply for Canada PR via Express Entry, you may follow the below-mentioned process:
- Gather supporting documents ahead of time, like, ECA report, IELTS test report, Medical and Police Clearance certificate (if required), etc.
- Register your Express Entry profile online
- Get an ITA from the IRCC in periodic express entry draw
- Submit your complete and final PR application along with supporting documents and fees within 60 days of obtaining your ITA
- Get visa approval